Setting up the printer for a wireless network in Windows
Set up your wireless-capable HP printer on a local wireless network for a computer with the Windows Operating System
Step 1: Preparing for installation
- Before setting up the printer on your wireless network, gather the network name and password and make sure the router, printer, and computer are switched on.
- You have to gather the following items:
- Network name: The SSID
- Network password: The password or the WEP key or WPA security passphrase.
- It is recommended to use a broadband Internet access such as cable or DSL for software downloads, using Web
- Services, and getting printer updates.
- Make sure the router and computer are switched on
- The computer and the printer should be connected to the same wireless network
- Turn on the printer and place it close to the computer and within range of the router during the setup procedure.
- Disconnect any USB or Ethernet cable from the printer.
Step 2: Connect to the wireless network
- Use the Wireless Setup Wizard on the printer to set up your printer on your wireless network.
- Turn on the printer.
- On the printer control panel, touch the Wireless icon and then the Settings icon
- Touch Wireless Setup Wizard, and follow the instructions on the control panel to connect the printer to your wireless network.
Step 3: Download and install the printer software
- Download and install the most current version of your printer’s full feature software from the HP website.
- Use the Auto Wireless Connect screen to complete the wireless setup
- You can also follow the guided steps in the installation software to complete the setup.
- An alternative method to downloading the software would be to use the installation CD
- Make sure that it has the print driver for your version of Windows.
- Turn the printer on
- If your printer is connected to the computer with a USB cable, disconnect the cable from the printer.
Go to your preferred website to download Drivers and software
WE ASSIST YOU FOR THE FOLLOWING
Obtain clear and precise informatics for setup and installation of your HP printer on your computer with the Windows OS.
Our technical experts will assist your Mac and HP printer needs immediately. Call us now for a query.
A smartphone doesn’t just help you talk and browse. It helps you print as well. Call our experts today to know how.
CHOOSE YOUR MODEL
Call our HP Envy Specialists who are experts at resolving all issues pertaining to your printer. Call us now.
We provide clear resolutions to your HP Officejet Printer.Our Officejet experts are just a call away. Dial now.
Our HP Office-jet Pro printer technical experts are ever ready to assist you. For any queries dial us right now.